Union Silextreme silicone inks are based on cutting edge silicone polymers for delivering the ultimate stretch and feel on the latest performance fabrics. These inks have been innovatively designed to bring out the strengths and benefits of silicone chemistry to your textile screen printing operation.
The Silexteme Silicone Inks are Best in Class giving the following benefits:-
• Ideal for Spandex / Lycra, Cotton / Poly blends, Nylon, 100% Polyester and Sublimated Garments (don’t recommend on 100% cotton, especially ring spun garments)
• Ideal for Performance Athletic garments, swimwear and Spandex / Lycra sportswear.
• Gives very soft and flexible hand
• Low curing temperature reducing risk of dye migration
• Print is very elastic, print always recovers to its printed position (good print memory)
• Prints can be ironed
Prior to printing, add up to 5% SX0515 SXT CATALYST to any mixed Colour. (Only catalyse enough for up to 3 days of print production as the catalyst creates a pot life) Mix the catalyst thoroughly. For maximum opacity and brilliance of the colours, use print – flash – print method. Ideally add extra emulsion coats to the screen to increase stencil depth to increase ink deposit.
Once the proper colour is made, add 5% SX0515 SXT CATALYST, mix it in and you are ready to print. SXT mixing colours are formulated to print on light and dark cotton, cotton/polyester blends, and 100% polyester (some difficult fabrics may require an underlay with SXT BARRIER BLACK (click here for Technical Data Sheet). SXT mixing colours are formulated to have a high degree of stretch and durability in the wash process.
It exhibits an extremely supple hand. A low cure temperature is another plus for this product series. Formulated colours are printable on both manual and automatic printing presses. SXT inks can be ironed without re-melting the ink film, unlike other types of ink.
To see demonstration video please click here.
• Mesh Count : 43T – 90T
• Squeegee: 70 Medium Blade
• Emulsion: Use plastisol suitable emulsions such as Ulano Proclaim or Proclaim EC Epicure or Autosol 5000 or solvent resistant capillary film
• Clean up: Standard or Biodegradable Screen Wash
• Curing: 60 to 90 Seconds at 132 degrees celcius. Film will cross link to a durable film over 72 hours. Do not wash the garments for at least 24 hours.
Technical Data Sheet please click here.
Priced per kg.